A Guide To Mobility ProductsWhether it is yourself or a relative or someone you care for that has got mobility issues, there is no doubt that they will benefit from some of the excellent mobility aids and products out there on the market. The amount of choice and variety of makes and models can be overwhelming, so let’s take a look at some of the better and most important options.
- Mobility – how easily can they move about? From walking, to sitting and standing (transferring) and adjusting your body while in the scooter.
- Tolerance – How long can they tolerate sitting or standing or even walking?
- Balance – Whether they can remain steady when seated and standing.
- Posture – How they hold their own body.
- Body Weight. Larger people will need a scooter that considers this. Measure and record weight before browsing and then compare with manufacturer’s details.
- Sight, memory, perception and cognition. If visual, perceptual, memory or cognitive abilities are impaired or becoming impaired then mobility scooters are likely to be off the menu.